• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

half the price glow plugs.

edpdx

I have been reading the threads here on what is generally used for the 6.2. Many are quite happy with AC 60G. Others with the Wellman 070. Some say they experience swelling or early retirement with both. I am leaning toward the AC 60G, then I see BERU GV 004 thrown in and after a look online I see these are near bulletproof.

I priced the AC 60G at abot $70 for a set. The BERU came in at twice that $135 plus shipping. I usually buy the best I can afford... but I need more evidence that the BERU is twice as good.

Anyone have any experience with a higher end GP?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never read about them on SS. I don't know that i'd spend the extra cash if most are happy with the AC or Wellman plugs.

Midnight Rider

I'm unfamiliar with the BERU. But I will tell you about my experience.

I went with the AC60G's from NAPA because I could get them quicker.
I bought a complete set, which was under $100 dollars. I ended up only have to replace 3 bad ones though.
I did have to grind the tip down on the plug to allow the cable to fit on. I could have replaced the ends of the cable, but I didn't have the ends and I didn't want to add more work. Grinding down the tips was quick and easy. I'm guessing the Wellmans might have the correct ends for the cables that I have.
Other than that, I've been happy with them. It ran alot better after I got them all working too. I need to go through and check the rest of them again now though.

1986Blazerk5

I have had the AC60G's, and they have been in my M1009 for 1 year and 3 or 4 months and i just checked them the other day and not a single one was bad or swollen. I would HIGHLY recommend the AC60G's over any other brand, I have had the welmans and i will NEVER buy them again

mojeeper

I have had the AC60G's, and they have been in my M1009 for 1 year and 3 or 4 months and i just checked them the other day and not a single one was bad or swollen. I would HIGHLY recommend the AC60G's over any other brand, I have had the welmans and i will NEVER buy them again
yep the welmans are junk the beru are good its what ford used under the motor craft name 2cents

67_C-30

I have used the 60G's for years and got great service out of them, but the Bosch Duraterms are probably the best I've used. They come in about $100, but they are a great plug. I agree that I woukd stay away from the Wellmans. I've never used the BERU...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've not ran the BERU's either. But IMO, always spring for the better plug. I'd much rather spend $20~40 more for a plug that doesn't swell than having to fight with one later on when it's time to remove it. I've had good luck in the past with the AC's I ran.

edpdx

OK so I will give the 60G by AC Delco a go. Since the "new" ones seem to be made by BERU. I hope I dont end up with new old Stock. Anyone know if they look different from the ones made by Beru?