• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halfshaft bolts

Ang2gna

Can someone please tell me the size and hardness of the bolts that connect to the rotor? I replaced my left front halfshaft today and I want to replace them. Do I also need to replace the bolt that attaches it to the hub? Last one, I promise. The bolts on the rotor only had the split lock washer on them. I ordered nords because I swear I remember reading somewhere to use them instead. Am I right? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLK HMMWV

The 6 bolts used to hold the half shaft to the rotor are metric they get the Nordloc's. The single bolt that holds the splined end into the hub is a standard not metric bolt that gets a split washer type lock washer.
Make sure you follow the torque specs and use lock tight
I would strongly recommend you buy the TM's related to your MV or use the TM section hear on SS.
Here is another source of information for you
http://www.flashoffroad.com/Maintenance/halfshaft/halfshaft_replace.htm

While it is geared more to the civi version allot of good info relates to HMMWV as well

http://www.flashoffroad.com/humdefault.htm

Ang2gna

Thanks everyone! I do have the TMs. I don't know why I typed that I didn't know the bolt size because I had that, I just didn't know the hardness of the bolt. I didn't want to buy a bolt that would end up snapping. Thanks for the answer to the hardness. I think next time I am going to buy the bolts from a vendor as opposed to searching for them in the store.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone! I do have the TMs. I don't know why I typed that I didn't know the bolt size because I had that, I just didn't know the hardness of the bolt. I didn't want to buy a bolt that would end up snapping. Thanks for the answer to the hardness. I think next time I am going to buy the bolts from a vendor as opposed to searching for them in the store.

those bolts can only be purchased from distributors. The hardware stores don't stock that head size.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks