• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halfshaft Replacement - Hip Tip

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled the halfshafts about a month ago. Was ready to put them back in. Unfortunately, when I started putting in bolts, the plate on the disks had shifted (due to weight).

So, my hip tip is that if you pull your halfshafts, leave in a couple of bolts so that you are correctly lined up.

I am going to try medium threadlocker instead of heavy. While folks recommend heavy, I think that's really only for head bolts. Not 100% sure. I generally check them from time to time anyway...

BTW, Bolts 4 U have the bolts but only at their central warehouse. Takes a couple of days. We have another company here: ABABA who seem to have them in stock all the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks