• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack , cckw, gpw, 37mm, hmmwv, m35a2. In the sun

HanksDeuce

Quite the collection there. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Pardon my ignorance, but the internet has failed me tonight. Can you tell me the purpose of the drum on the front of the half track? It looks like some sort of device to help cross ditches or a winch drum or...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really like the CCKW and I am a closed-cab kind of guy.....................................................................................

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hanks deuce. Yes it is called an anti ditching roller. Helps with the angle of approach.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cckw just got a new coat of paint. The jeep is an unrestored all original 44. Ford GPW. I have no plans to restore it at all. She has had little to No mods since being surplused in 46.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The jeep is a time capsul. From my understanding it was purchased surplus around 46. It was owned by a logger in the Pacific Northwest. It was used in in his operation for 25 years or so and parked. Luckily it was appreciated for what it is and not bubba fied. The frame and body all match serial number wise. There is not rust through in the body at all. Some in the hat channels. The reflectors are original. Many many f marked parts, 5 combat rims, 6 volt system, runs like a top. It even has the original small chains on the windshield frame nuts and the metal radiator Hoses and the filterette. I am amazed every time I look at it. I have been into mv's for years and have never seen an original wwii vehicle in this condition. The canvas is not original.

I had it shipped from Vancouver Washington to my home in ga.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
i saw this and thought it might be a sale and thought you might have lost your marbles. now i understand...you got some real nice green iron.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No nothing for sale at this time. I buy and sell a little but only to make a little to improve the trucks I call my keepers. I did have to sell a real nice m1028a2 to get the funds together for the gpw but it was a wise choice I think.

Wish I had a way to transport them all to a show of some sort. If I make it anywhere I can usually only take one . The cckw has never been shown and I have owned it for 4 years and making small improvements over time.Mostly they are just used locally. Maybe I should have a mv meet/cookout at my place.

now my m35a2 is the best pick- up truck I have ever owned. It's more of a utility vehicle than a collectible but they are getting a little harder to find for a reasonable price. Little to none available surplus

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks