• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack engine ID

emptyhead

HI guys I am in the process if getting my halftrack shipped up to me. It should be on the second leg of it's journey next week. I have some pics of the engine and it doesn't look like the white 160's. I have looked at some of Gary's pics and it looks close to the green M3 he has for sale. Can anyone tell me if this is original or someone put this in along time ago.It is an M16a1 with no rear armor. The engine runs.

M215

White motor

Looks correct except for the oil cooler, not sure if yours is a different style? Attached is a picture of the motor install on our M2A1.
I have two M16 bulkheads (steel plate behind the front seats) that I would like to get rid of.

Karl

Attachments

emptyhead

My water pump is different, and there is that rib righ under the water pump in the block. I know I,m missing the oil cooler. I am trying to pin it down, I know it would be better if I was standing in front of the engine but I'll just have to wait till it gets up here. I'm not going to go the M16 route I was thinking M3. Also posted this over on 503 and opinons vary.

L999here

...end of confusion...

Might want to open up the right side of the hood. The block and exhaust manifold will both have 'White' in the standard script writing on them. There is no substitute for correct ID....LOL....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks