• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack front wheel question

Irv

They use 6 lugs but what is the bolt circle diameter? Will M35 wheels bolt right on or is it a different pattern? A friend is moving one and wants to put substitute wheels on it for the move.

Also, it is probably a good move to remove the front driveline I'm guessing? Check fluid level in the front differential and maybe pack the bearings? Anything else?

Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same 6 hole Budd pattern Deuce/Halftrack. Deuce wheel will go right on. Really should put the thing on a trailer to move around on public roads.

68t

ndt is right, move by trailer if possible. if drive any distance, all the bogie need grease, idelers, it would need a complete servicing of oil and grease, also ever thing under the hood, gen. dist. i ruined the tran. on my first halftrack, i ran the engine , but did not check the tran. oil, also the throw out berring need grease too. if you crank it, just to load do motor and tran.

dfanders

HT Tire size

There are 2 sizes of half track tires ! Depends what make you have. If it is a International harvester, they use the 9.00 x 20 size tire. If it is white, autocar, diamond T then the tire size is 8.25 x20. If you have the wrong size tire, you will do damage to your front differential, as the IH vs the rest used a differant front axle.

I am talking about tire size here , not the rim's bolt pattern...

Cheers,