• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Halftrack project

M215

Up date pictures

Hello SS,
Had some time to snap a few up dated pictures of progress. most of the armor is installed, except for a few hundred armor screws. Brakes are complete and the wiring harness is in. Working on the interior and countless details. Should be able to drive it out of the barn this month.

Karl

Attachments

yd328

Karl,

Great work, I just put the bogie wheels on one side. I have a long way to go to get to where you are. It looks like you're moving right along.

Gary

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fantastic, I'm gonna need to visit sometime to see it up close. It's a shame it won't be done in time for the big show this weekend, but maybe next Aberdeen! :)

jluv1185

Very nice work! Did it come the winch pto shaft or did you have to find one? I'm looking for that and a few other parts for a white M16. Do you have any sources other than Gary's Halftrack Parts?

watson

Could you post some pictures of the pulpit brackets and plate I have the armor and the three brackets that hold the ring but
I am missing some of the mounting plate.

Thanks Watson

Wolf.Dose

Karl,
really a gerat job! How many hours you spend on that?
Some 25 years ago I work on a simelar project. I remember how time eating it is. (Beside the two restaurations of my M715 and the M101A1 trailer, the DKW Sport 250. Not to forget my Mitsubishi J24KAI ( The trailer is not a Bantam T2, it is a Mitsubishi MT250.).).
Wolf

Attachments

M215

At one time this one would have been on this assembly line.
I'm always reminded about the men who put these together almost 70 years ago in Cleveland Ohio every time I work on it. During the disassemble there were several parts that had not been removed since leaving the factory.

Thanks for the vintage photo!

M215

Karl,
really a gerat job! How many hours you spend on that?
Some 25 years ago I work on a simelar project. I remember how time eating it is. (Beside the two restaurations of my M715 and the M101A1 trailer, the DKW Sport 250. Not to forget my Mitsubishi J24KAI ( The trailer is not a Bantam T2, it is a Mitsubishi MT250.).).
Wolf
Wolf,
Great looking equipment, love the M715! I would be afraid to actually know how many hours I have invested. I figure it is 75% complete.