• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Handle looking things on frame??

M1key

Hello all,
We finally wrapped up our body work and now are having the duce painted with CARC (the good stuff). Our painter is intrigued by the handle looking things on the frame, you know there is one by the bumper, one above front axle and 4 on the rear on each side for a total of 12.

My parts TM lists them as LOOP,STRAP FASTENER NSN 5340-01-291-9212, maybe a grab point for a ratchet strap? But the tires are in the way in the rear.

Now our painter is going mad (you have to know him) trying to figure there use.
So my question is what are they for?

Thanks,
Mike

dikwks

Somebody please answer this question. I just pulled my left front fender tonight and saw one of the ones around the front axle. Wondered what it was for.

3ID ARMY BRAT

I wanted to know the same thing. I know i had to take the ones off the front of my M35A2 to work on my bumper and winch. I know there not for lifing the truck so what are they.

Thanks Doug Lankford

SoundGuy

The ones in the back are for India Jones to hold on to while the truck is driving down the road. The other ones are for his whip to wrap around.

HASSON1911

I always thought they were there for when you go under it with a creeper, because they are always in the right spot for when i go under and look for something to pull on.2cents

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was told, not sure if true, that the loops are for tie downs when loaded on air craft

KsM715

I could see them being used to hold straps that hold the cardboard material packed under the truck for air drop purposes but not for strapping the truck down to a pallet for transport. Theres no way they would hold. If you've ever seen a Mil. Veh. loaded in an aircraft you'd understand why they would not hold. They are strapped down so tight it would rip those little handles right off.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Was told the straping was for side to side movement, not air drop

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They're for hitting your head on when you're coming back up from underneath the truck. rofl

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would someone just post the answer or even better, call me and tell me the answer, so I don't need to read the TM, search or read the links provided?

And Clinto, You really should see a doctor, about that persistent cough.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks