• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Handy Exhaust Cover

bguy193

I've been searching for a good stack cover for the deuce. I was using a big can but high winds would lift it off and the sparrows had just enough room to get up there and try to nest So this is what I came up with.
Supplies:
1) One small plastic coffee can (the metal ones chip paint)
2) A piece of nyllon cord
Instructions:
1) Drill a hole in the side of can
2) Pull nylon cord through hole in can ....then tie a knot in the end of the cord
3) Slip can over stack and tie cord around mirror brace
4) When you are ready to drive the deuce simply untie cord, remove can, stuff cord in can, put lid on can, stow can in glove box

This is a simple but effective exhaust cover that will withstand the highest winds, keep critters out, and stow away neatly and out of sight. The can is a perfect fit but not so tight that it wont breathe and allow moisture build up in the exhaust, but it is a plastic can so let the stack cool to the touch before installing. My wife mentioned that the bright red can is a good, attention getting reminder to remove it like a ( REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT ) ribbon.

Attachments

Lex_Ordo

I have a better one.

Use a 3" rubber pipe cap, and to dress mine up, I placed a small hole in the middle and ran a " REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT " 12" streamer out of it. The rubber pipe cap will stretch a bit around the outside of the pipe edge and make a nice seal, to keep water and anything else that these things attract out.

Looks cool, and since that time I have had no soot blown out all over the truck, when I start it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks