• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Handy Little Allison Trans Student Guide

Third From Texas

Reworked LMTV

As I prepare to delve into the trans on my 94 for a checkup, I found this. It's a nice general overview used in training mechanics in the civilian world. I've found it handy and a bit less convoluted than the TMs. Of course it covers multiple models, but has some good info.

ymmv

Thanks! That's a very interesting document, packed with good info.

Reworked LMTV

If you are overlanding, definitely get the Alison synthetic fluid. I might just flush it with motor oil to get the possible h2o out first.

Third From Texas

Lots. Looks like the truck was forded with the breather plug open. No cross-contamination to the engine (which is running awesome). I had seen it on the dipstick and pretty much knew the clutch packs were goo. Of course the t-case is goo as well.

Now to find a compatible replacement for a 3070

Reworked LMTV

Lots. Looks like the truck was forded with the breather plug open. No cross-contamination to the engine (which is running awesome). I had seen it on the dipstick and pretty much knew the clutch packs were goo. Of course the t-case is goo as well.

Now to find a compatible replacement for a 3070
Maybe a 3700?

coachgeo

For a transmission check with @SuprmanMake sure you match model to yr of your truck. they have different internal to transmission wire harnesses. Though my understanding is you can pull harness out of your transmission and swap it into the newer transmission if they are not compatible as is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks