• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hankook tire for m1031

mtjbrown

Hi, just priced a set of Hankook Dynapro at's 285/75/16 e-rated for my M1031. any positive or negatives on this tire or brand? They look really good.

prairie

Hi, just priced a set of Hankook Dynapro at's 285/75/16 e-rated for my M1031. any positive or negatives on this tire or brand? They look really good.
I've had a couple of sets of the Dynapro MT's on my ranch pickup, and like them.
A couple of friends have had the AT's on their pickups and a suburban, and have been very satisfied.
Hankook's used to be a cheaper tire, but now seem to be priced similar to Goodyear and Firestone.
Compared to Goodyear and Firestone, I would say the Hankooks are just as good.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the Hankook DynaPro ATMs (LT265/75R16) on my M1028A1 contact maintenance truck. It's a 10 ply with a rating of 3415 lbs @ 80psi. So far it's been a good tire, however, it won't climb out of an 15" deep rut at Haspin, but not sure that it was the tire's fault :lol:. Hankook is a Korean (south) company with plants in Korea and China. It's a good off-road tire and looks good on the truck.
When I bought these the salesman told me the only drawback to these tires is that they are a little noisy on the highway, which is perfect because you can't hear them over the motor anyway! I paid around $600 installed for the set of four.

mtjbrown

Yeah, I wouldn't be too concerned about it not getting out of that rut!!!;-) I am like you, noise doesn't make much difference on these trucks. Thanks for the input, everybody.