• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HanksDeuce: 8" Lift, Bobbed, External Cage, A/C and more Project!

HanksDeuce

Additional pictures from Garrett on the repaint of my bobbed deuce.

Notes:
- Changed colors midstream. Now less yellow (starting with pic #13)
- Rapco 686 Tan used as color to shoot for
- 2 gallons of paint used so far

Attachments

Another Ahab

Attached are some paint progress pictures from Garrett.
Can't remember if the backstory on this plate was already addressed:

- With my luck I probably already asked the question back at like post #275 or something. :oops:

- It's a very cool detail.

- What's this all about?

plate.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Degrease the whole thing, then sand the areas that need it, wirewheel areas that call for it, and use aircraft stripper where the paint is real thick, then prime the whole thing and spray color.

WRMorrison

I'm gonna need LOTS of strippers...

Looks great so far Hank! What made you change your mind on the color? I thought the green / woodland would blend better in LA? Or maybe that's the idea, and you'd rather stick out a bit?

-WRM

HanksDeuce

In typical fashion I go against the norm to be different I guess. :) When I tried painting the deuce myself with Behr latex I ended up with a contaminated paint job thanks to my helper. Too late to fix it by the time we caught it. I ran out of steam and just let the green Behr fade into a crappy finish while I completed all of the other mechanical mods and then took time to rethink the second round of painting. There is a national guard outfit a few miles from my house and I make it a habit to go out of my way to pass by the gates a few times a month. Every single MV they have is desert tan. They look great!

HanksDeuce

Took the deuce to Twin Peaks in Baton Rouge for a supposed Jeep & Truck show from 11am-3pm. I got there at 10:30am to get a good spot. One jeep showed up at noon so I decided the show was a bust and left. Oh well, their loss!

Attached are a few pictures with the ladies. I offered to help them up on the deuce and then back down, but they were little spider monkeys climbing all over it themselves. Maybe those boots give them better traction?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks