• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happiness is a few gallons of 24087

Carl_in_NH

Just wrapping up paint on the deuce; going from three various shades of three-color camouflage to solid 24087. No markings yet, will have to order some of the oil board stencils. Couldn’t take any pictures that show the entire truck today – shop was too crowded, and it’s raining outside. I’ll take a few more once the rain stops. I still have the interior of the cab to do, but it’s a lot more presentable now than it was. Another couple days of work and it's done.

Attachments

Carl_in_NH

Gillispie 24087, it's a semi-gloss. It looks a little brownish under the lights in the shop; it's a good deep OD in sunlight.

stumps

Looks gorgeous!

I can't say I have seen an OD M35A2 before, but it sure looks nice in that uniform.

-Chuck

Carl_in_NH

Thanks for the comments, folks. Not sure if the bumper is A3 or not; it does have the hole in it, and it was on the truck when it was surplused out. My other '71 (WO/W) has a bumper without the hole.​

The April / May 2010 Supply Line cover photo shows a couple M35A2's in what I think is the same livery - with a photo credit of Aug. '77, 1ID at Fort Riley. I had already ordered and received the paint by the time Supply Line arrived in the mail, and the cover photo made me figure I hadn't gone too far off the path with the color choice.​

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carl, that's a sweet looking truck!!!!!!!!!! I'm even more impressed with the shop....LOL I've been planning my shop/pole barn for some time now, I just have to wait for the funds to appear to build it.

Carl_in_NH

I wish that was my shop - but it's not. It's been too rainy here to try and paint outside, so it's in a friend's auto body shop for the spray. Yeah, I know - that's cheating - but it's done. I've got no building large enough to drive the M35 inside. That's on the list, however. Pole barn on a slab and I'd be pretty happy. Then I could get the large mill and lathe out of the garage, too.

emr

could not agree more with this post...:beer:...gilespie has a brownish tint and arvoe has a dark greenish, a full gloss 24087 was used in mostly an HQ or MP unit...back in the day, so an M37 even could have been 24087 full gloss in theater, for sure some m151s,but cargo was a semi gloss...

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A note on government (FS, or Federal Standard) paint codes would be appropriate here-
The first number indicates the 'shininess' as in 14087 is gloss, 24087 is semi-gloss, and 34087 is flat, all the same shade of OD.
The second number, 4, indicates that it is a green.
The last three numbers, 087, indicate the exact shade of green.

Cheers