• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy new HEMTT owners

Stalwart

The response I got was:

Sir all our cars and truck are in UK right now but we have a contract for delivery with ebay.If you want to reserve the truck here is our terms.You will receive the truck at your shipping address after we have the confirmation from ebay that you make a deposit at ebay.You will receive the truck at your shipping address in less then 5 days and you will have another 5 days for testing period.After this period you must to decide if you buy or not.If you will buy just pay to ebay the remaining balance if not you will send back the truck and ebay will return your deposit.But believe us the truck is amazing.Here is the details and pictures.Thank you!

These dolts are in China, from the phone number in their listings, I'm gonna just jump on 'em now.

Stalwart

Latest:

Sir we need your shipping details and after that we will send to ebay your details and they will explain the process.Just let us know when you receive the details from ebay and when you be able to make the deposit so we can send you the truck sir.Thank you!

Stalwart

It's a real scam alright, they have dozens of desireable cars listed for sale all at cheap prices. I told 'em games up, "you're trying to sell me my own truck."

Nigerians are much more fun to punk than these guys.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, so I thought I would send him a message.

Response:

"Hi Mr.Stephen,
The truck is available and the final price including the shipping and import tax from UK where is all our cars and truck is 18,000$.Yes sir for reserve the truck we need a deposit at ebay.You must make a deposit at ebay and they will confirm us that you make the deposit we will send the truck for inspection and test drive.You will receive the truck in less then 5 business days.You will have another 5 days for testing period and after you must decide if you keep or not the truck.But you will enjoy the truck.Is in amazing condition.Thank you.If you want pictures or details email us sir."

Well, at that price I'm going to have to buy it. Stalwart, can you please have it ready for shipping when the truck gets there? I'll pay you to go ahead and fuel it up.

:)

Oh this is hilarious.

steve

Stalwart

He later said:

I will find you and then we will talk.After you will talk with my lawyers you will be homeless.

My response was:

If you come and find me, you will be dead.

Jones

Careful in the wording of your messages. We wouldn't want him misinterpretating your joke about him dying of old age before he found you-- especially in light of his obvious mastery of the english language.

Next time you send him a message, also in very stilted english, tell him that you are sending him a check but the amount is unfortunately more than the selling price.
Tell him to just send you a check for the refund along with the truck when he ships it.

Stalwart

Nice, a reverse Nigerian scam. :-D

I had second thoughts about my message, only after I hit send. I didn't say I'd kill him, I don't outright threaten people, but Damon loved the whole exchange. When he had people come to view the HEMTT, one pair made him think twice and go get his pistol and keep it in his pocket.

Damon worries, rightly so, that there was so much intrest in his truck, someone might fall for this shyster. We understand that the sellers claim to send a 39,000 lb truck from the UK to the US in 5 days is absurd, but some people aren't too smart. There must be a certain percentage that fall for this or they wouldn't continue to do it.

Jones

I'd verify all this with a real attorney but I think;
With proper titling and easy after-the-sale contact with the seller, you shouldn't have any problems verifying your legal ownership.
With as meny people following Damon's postings on the HEMTT restoration project; it's not like you don't have any witnesses.
Also; everything the rip-off guys have posted will be dated after Damon's listing; making it after the fact and therefore easy to prove a scam.

Even if the guy starts thumping his chest and producing "official court documents" or "letters from his lawyers"-- I'm almost positive he'd have to come to your neck of the woods to try to drag you into court even if he had a leg to stand on.

One possible that you may see surface when this guy realizes he's losing control is the "offer to settle out of court". It'll be a last gasp effort to chisel a few dollars out of you and isn't worth the paper it's printed on... even if you add in the value of the ink.

dma251

I am so tickled that my lagacy can live on! This Thursday Stuart and I are going to take the HEMTT for a little roadtrip to pickup a new toy for me to play with!

I get to experience the hemtt from the passenger seat!

kcimb

Nice, a reverse Nigerian scam. :-D

I had second thoughts about my message, only after I hit send. I didn't say I'd kill him, I don't outright threaten people, but Damon loved the whole exchange. When he had people come to view the HEMTT, one pair made him think twice and go get his pistol and keep it in his pocket.

Damon worries, rightly so, that there was so much intrest in his truck, someone might fall for this shyster. We understand that the sellers claim to send a 39,000 lb truck from the UK to the US in 5 days is absurd, but some people aren't too smart. There must be a certain percentage that fall for this or they wouldn't continue to do it.
I'm pretty sure you could cross the atlantic in 5 days on a fast boat, or even an airplane..but I don't think UPS is in the business of transporting 20 ton trucks.