• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Happy with backup camera and GPS in my Hummer. Gonna get ones for my M1025 and M1165.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garmin SmartDrive7 came with my 1995 Hummer truck. Backup camera was lost/stolen/misplaced by HummerWhore in California, but they were kind enough to leave the empty box for the unit in the trunk.

I purchased a Garmin BC40 to replace it, as it requires no wiring. I purchased it with the tube mount. It mounted easily to the spare tire carrier.

The BC30 autoactivates, but because this doesn't hook into the backup lights I need to press a button on the GPS and wait a couple of seconds. Not too bad.

Picture seems clear BUT I only used this during daylight so far. GPS itself works well.

I'm happy with the unit and I will probably purchase the same for my two HMMWV's. About $370 clams including the GPS and the BC40 camera with tube mounting option. BC40 alone was about $160.

I might purchase BC30's for the rear and BC40's for the front.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks