• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Startin M1008

Abbylind

Ive had my M1008 about 10 years. Its always been a little stubborn starting when its cold or sat for a while. When its warmed up you barely touch the starter and VOOM it fires right up.
Lately its getting more arthritic and harder to start when its cold. I fire the GPs twice through the GP card and it finally starts.
Ive replaced the lift pump (leaking) no difference
Checked the GPs (shows 70-90 ohms each)
GP relay is original but works fine
Cleaned the return fuel valve on the IP ( still no joy)
The only thing I can think is it act like its starving for fuel as it almost starts while I crank. Second GP run... it starts
Iders?
Thanks
PS
Did the doghead relay switch out yesterday (Ive never heard of the sticking relay problem in 10 years) But Im glad I read about it here

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those ohm reading sound incorrect or you have 8 bad glow plugs.

Do you know about the TMs?

truck1

I think it might be time to change your GP's.I just completed the GP resistor bypass,put in a new set of AC60G's,and put a momentery toggle switch to bypass the card just in case.The card still functions ,now the GP's go through only 1 cycle automatically,and it fires right up.Even on cold mornings,high idle is not required,it fires right up.If you wait too long to change the GP's,they might not come out easily or in 1 piece.Good luck.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks