• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard to get any work done

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe one of those cheesy $200 carport looking shelters would be of some benefit.

RodUSMC1962

When a person sees
some of the wonderful shops some of the members have, it can make a person envious. Good for the people that have the vision and money to do those things. :beer:

ducer

Ha! Your just having Indian summer to us colder climate folks. I remember pulling my trans in my 63 chevy truck one balmy evening -10 degrees rebuilding it and putting it back in the next night -17 degrees.

Denny

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May you get that garage or shelter eventually! That white stuff is really hard to work in. I worked on my trucks on an open car port in Denver for almost 20 years.

I'm curious about something. I have a place I can work inside now, concrete floor and all. Yet I still prefer to work outside. I'll roll around on gravel outside in the sun before I'll move inside and be 'more comfortable'. Maybe this is part of the green truck illness...

Does anyone else have that side effect?

Bob

Last edited:

macibell111

If u move to calif u can work on year round,i have had the priviledge of that with my m ,sorry about the bad weather.this way i can work inside or out,do u have room to build a small shop maybe.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd let you use my garage, but Washington is a bit far to travel for a garage.

I used to rig up some poles (2x4's) and a tarp to keep the rain off back in the old days.

Sorry about your conditions, but they will change in a few months.

Storm 51

oboyjohn

I remember doing a brake job on one of our MLVW's outside, on ex, during a snow storm and it was -15 in the field. The good 'ol days as a military mechanic, gosh I don't miss doing that!

vtdeucedriver

May you get that garage or shelter eventually! That white stuff is really hard to work in. I worked on my trucks on an open car port in Denver for almost 20 years.

I'm curious about something. I have a place I can work inside now, concrete floor and all. Yet I still prefer to work outside. I'll roll around on gravel outside in the sun before I'll move inside and be 'more comfortable'. Maybe this is part of the green truck illness...

Does anyone else have that side effect?

Bob
NO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks