• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top alignment

spentshell

The restoration of my hard top was going real smooth until it came time to put the weather striping back on, it seems that the side windows are now lined up with the rubber. What gives, I know it didnt grow while it was off. I backed off all the nuts and tried to re adjust it but there isnt that much play in the bolt holes. I was thinking about putting a ratchet strap aroung the top to try and pull the ends in, any other suggestions would be helpful at this point. Im gonna stick with mechanical upgrades after this deal, I dont know how body guys do it. :oops:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to offer advice however my only experience with hardtops is taking them off.

armytruck63

My hard top has the same alignment problems, but the door windows do roll up. The top has low-bidder written all over it - especially the crappy paint that flakes off. It doesn't look like any primer was used.

I aligned mine the best I could, but I like your binder strap idea - it just might work.

spentshell

If this failier continues I will switch to a soft top, the hardware cost me about the same.

There is nothing like taking a ride in a convertable Deuce to the beverage barn :-D

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is your top flush with the edge of the cab? I had to sandwich the round rubber lip in between the cab and the top to get everything flush, and my windows are OK.

No kidding about "Landmark Mfg" Total low quality. And they didn't even spell "ordinance" correctly on the data plate, should be ordnance. And then using that same data plate on the 900 series (wider) hard tops.

armytruck63

I almost forgot that the whole rear section on my top was put on upside-down. When it rained, lots of water got in the cab throught the upside-down window.. I flipped the section to fix the problem.

spentshell

Is your top flush with the edge of the cab? I had to sandwich the round rubber lip in between the cab and the top to get everything flush, and my windows are OK.

Maybe thats whats throwing it of, I changed out the gasket with some armacell pipe wrap, the ratchet strap seemed to pull it in just enough to clear the window frame.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks