• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Top Kit Inquiry

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if it is in a box, it is just primered and the primer will peel off. the tops in wood crates are fully galvanized. (this has been my experience)

tom

midcounty

Haven't had a need to buy one, but have taken mine off. I took off both pieces as one unit, and with one other person it's no big deal. If you were puting on a new one, and installed each piece separately, it shouldn't be a problem by yourself.

AceHigh

Funny story there. I bought 3 of the Columbus hard tops, all in 3 color camo as flyxpl states. Local Army reserve mechanic stopped by and saw them, told me some time ago he ordered a bunch for his active duty trucks and they all came green. He had to paint the camo.

Anyway he was told there were no camo ones available.

AceHigh

LOL will do! I bought 3 and painted one semi gloss OD, another one tan and left the third one camo. I found the paint they came with was excellent.

One of mine had very slight water damage on the pegboard ceiling.

jollyroger

Hey Tired Iron. I usually try and buy the trucks with the hard tops.....but so does everyone else.:-D

The M817 had a shreded soft top when I got it. So since I had to go to 100dollarman's place to pick up a trailer he got from Barstow, CA for me I asked him to find me a hard top. He managed to find one, with the rain catcher dent of course for $400. Tan in color. I thought a good price for the top. He may have more by now or know where he can find one for you. He is on SS. Just search for 100dollarman and contact him. He is in Lucern Valley, CA about 40 miles South of Barstow. Just fly the Stearman out there and pick it up.[thumbzup]

The Columbus OH GL is a warehouse outlet. Like the one in Oklahoma City OK. Easy access in and out. It's in a warehouse district not too far from the interstate. It is not on a military installation so you don't have to pass through a line or a gate inspection etc. They are busy so they like you to make and keep your appointment. Very nice people running the warehouse and extremly helpful and accomodating.

We bought two troop seat/bed cover kits for the dump truck out of Columbus. We picked them up on the way back from PA with the M818 so I can't speak as to the cost of shipping from there to here. That cost will vary depending on how many are in the lot. You can get shipping estimates from GL on the website.

Brentzilla

Has anyone bought one and had a freight company pick it up at the GL site? Im interested in getting one next go around and got a freight quote of around $300. I just havent bought anything that I couldnt pick up myself. Do the .gl lots help load them on the truck with a fork lift or something?

AceHigh

Brent, I picked up 3 a few months ago and they brought them out of their compound on a forklift. The driver was great and worked a little extra to center the load on my 116 trailer.

A person can move one himself by lifting up one corner and swiveling it around but it is a slow and difficult process.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks