• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top sagging

ajg6989

I remember seeing a thread about how somebody used a jack to push up sagging in the center. I was thinking of taking mine off and repairing it. What is it made of?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't think they "sag", I think its more that stuff gets stored up there. Mine's made of steel and has some insulation on the inside. I wouldn't think it would be too hard to fix.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine sags, but I think it's because some fat a$$ stood on it at some point, and mushed the center down a bit. I think a hi-lift jack and some patience can fix it....

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If and when you go to use the jack method, one of at least two things can occur. One being, the sag/dent pops out and everything is almost fine. The second possibility, the seam of fasteners where the cab roof meets the lower portion of the cab, tears loose.

Be careful. Lift slowly. And WATCH!

It sounds easy enough, but the weak link WILL give!

Good luck.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's more likely that someone stored camo nets and pole bags on top of the roof.. Look for the ratchet strap marks... :)

Last edited:

jasonjc

I just laid in the seat and pushed the top back up with my legs. It easy and you cant move your feet from spot to spot alot easyer than a jack.

98hd

I used the foot method also, had some good effect, but part of the dent popped back in.

My dumper had a PERFECT top, just a little surface rust around the door edges. Too bad the previous owner mounted a rotating light to the top :cry:

USMC6062

Aren't some of the older hardtops made with the top of the roof kinda concaved? The one on my truck is straight across, but it was a new top that was put on right before I got it. I've seen a bunch of pictures of deuces with the curved looking top. I post a pic of what I'm talking about if I can find it.

desertfox

M109s are the worst for caved in tops. Seems the the troopers like to jump from the cab top to the van box. I have used the foot/leg method for those minor tops and then used the porta-power for the more severe. Gotta remove the seats, block the floor area and use a 2X6 across the top to distribute the force both on the floor and top. There again, go easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks