• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hardtop for M939, what did you have to pay?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a hard top, open for a soft top. I saw a fiberglass version but cant be shipped to dallas Texas.

Brother wants to fabricate one, looking for options.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a hard top on my wrecker in KS. $1200 , come get it. $1600, I'll deliver. It'll be a few weeks. I'm in AZ at the moment.

If you have a frame, I think I have a serviceable soft top. The plastic strip is off the front. I'll look when I get back to KS. It'll be a while.

Attachments

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I bit the bullet and have acquired a NOS hardtop for my M925a2

Any advice as far as install?

I believe gaskets and hardware are included

I would like it sealed as best as possible

thanks so much

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put together and installed an NOS hard top once. It is a good amount of work. I assembled it on the ground, lifted it up, and then bolted it down. You will need a helper to lift this up and put it on the truck. It was only my brother and I dealing with the top when I did it. I bet another set of hands or even two more people would be better. You could also install the back on the cab first, and then the top. I think assembling on the ground may be a better idea, but I have not tried the other option. It is not too bad, but it is tedious as there are a lot of bolts and they don't all want to line up with the holes in the cab tub...or at least I found this to be the case.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put together and installed an NOS hard top once. It is a good amount of work. I assembled it on the ground, lifted it up, and then bolted it down. You will need a helper to lift this up and put it on the truck. It was only my brother and I dealing with the top when I did it. I bet another set of hands or even two more people would be better. You could also install the back on the cab first, and then the top. I think assembling on the ground may be a better idea, but I have not tried the other option. It is not too bad, but it is tedious as there are a lot of bolts and they don't all want to line up with the holes in the cab tub...or at least I found this to be the case.
My brother and i used a forklift, and it still wasn't super easy lifting it off the forks. Couldn't imagine lifting it onto truck by hand.

Mine was a used top, but may want something thinner then attachment bolts to align holes along back half. Spike or long allen wrench, to help align the next hole over to drop bolt into.

Fyi, I'm out of shape and forklift topped out short of needed height, so mileage my vary with people in better shape. :)

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My brother and i used a forklift, and it still wasn't super easy lifting it off the forks. Couldn't imagine lifting it onto truck by hand.

Mine was a used top, but may want something thinner then attachment bolts to align holes along back half. Spike or long allen wrench, to help align the next hole over to drop bolt into.

Fyi, I'm out of shape and forklift topped out short of needed height, so mileage my vary with people in better shape. :)
I did the same kind of acrobatics getting it off with the forks on the tractor. Except I didn't have an extra pair of hands. I was terrified I was going to drop it and damage it the whole time.

I've put them on by hand in the past with two people.

My wrecker is now wearing a soft top, torn loose from the front plastic strip...

Attachments

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies

I will have 3 guys total.

The bed is empty so the plan would be to assemble in the bed so less to lift.

Did you use any sealant on the front lip or just the gaskets?

dougnash

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put the top on today

we mounted the back portion 1st which went well

the top didn’t fit perfectly in the front and I am missing the 4 brackets that lock down the top on the inside

Attachments

Lukes_deuce

The hardware for the front 4 brackets is typically a J bolt. You can cut U bolts as well. Its nothing fancy.

Put the top on today

we mounted the back portion 1st which went well

the top didn’t fit perfectly in the front and I am missing the 4 brackets that lock down the top on the inside

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks