• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

harmonic balancer problem

jwaller

I was under the truck finishing some work and noticed the balancer has separated from itself. the outer ring has come unglued from the inner and I don't have the time to swap the balancer from spare to the truck. it looks like it's going to be a big job.

so my question is how do I swap this thing out? looks like a simple rad R&R to get to it but I'm not sure.

second. my eng is a LDT465 and I have a spare LD 465 and the 2 look different but after talking with memphis they say the 2 are interchangeable. what do you guys think and does anybody have a LDT balancer they wanna sell?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John, check your balancers for timing marks. IIRC each shouls have 3 marks. They may appear different but all the ones I've ever looked at have the timing marks for LD and LDT/LDS

jwaller

you are right the one on my truck does have the different marks. I just dont like the idea of putting a balancer on the truck thats not exactly like the one that comes off. seems to me that would throw it out of balance.