• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

harmonic balancer

southdave

Let me apologize about starting this thread.. The last time I was home working on my 1028 engine swap notice a little wriggle on front pulley. so made a note check it out next time I came home. Long short of it, is my trip home take me past summit racing so I stop and picked up an ATP balancer for the engine. It about half again heavier than the one I took off. I Note the motor block is Humvee take out motor that I had machined and rebuilt for turbo application. The truck has flywheel so I figured " more weight up front might help it out". It did, truck runs a lot smother. my concern did I mess with the whole dynamic loading ect..?

llong66

When I had mine at the machine shop during the rebuild, I took the new balancer up with everything for the balance job and there was some question as to whether or not that was the balancer I would be using. The machinist told me if I switched to another to make sure the both the weight, and its location on the other balancer was the same.