• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anone ever mounted a connex?

jpekarek

Has anyone ever mounted a connex on a 5 Ton truck? I found this cool connex at the base in Vancouver, WA. and it has been sitting there for years. What would be involved in fitting it to the back of the truck? Would it fit? Would it be stupid?

I would look into buying it if it's possible. I know people there.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If it is a 20 footer it will be too long for a standard 5 ton cargo.....would work on a long bed if you can find one.

It looks like an insulated container so it will be heavier than a regular container.

You might have issues if you get it sideways on a steep slope.

jpekarek

If it is a 20 footer it will be too long for a standard 5 ton cargo.....would work on a long bed if you can find one.

It looks like an insulated container so it will be heavier than a regular container.

You might have issues if you get it sideways on a steep slope.
Yea, those are the exact things I was worried about. It looks like a 20 footer.

54reo

Cool ride on the '74 Swinger James.

My first car was a 318 powered '74 Swinger. While I no longer have that car (only the bolt on body parts are still in storage), I do have the '72 Swinger that I bought off of my high school chemistry teacher.

jpekarek

Cool ride on the '74 Swinger James.

My first car was a 318 powered '74 Swinger. While I no longer have that car (only the bolt on body parts are still in storage), I do have the '72 Swinger that I bought off of my high school chemistry teacher.
Thanks! It doesn't have quite the hauling capacity of my 5 ton, but it does get 20mpg. And it is slightly quieter.

datsunaholic

My old Reserve unit stuck a 10' connex box in (on) the bed of a dropside Deuce and we ran around that way for a couple years. It was... tall. It wouldn't fit in a non-dropside.

MSgt USMC (Ret)

It's easier to acquire a set of M-1022 Ground Mobilizers and tow it.

We had numerous containers like this that contained our AN/TYQ-23 Tactical Air Operations Modules and no way would they fit in the bed of a truck and were too costly to risk dropping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks