• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

has anybody dealt w/ indiantown gap?

smoke

Hi guys gals
new to site. I was on gl site and seen two vehicle that I thought would be good starters.M109a3 and M35a2 But have all fluids drained. Is Gap a Scrap yard or dismil place. They like ok but Im afraid that motors could be seized up or something else from sitting or is this the norm for Gap. I want to get something close to me to keep price down. I figure seen I'm oxford Pa that wouldn't be to far away if I need transported which if i got one of these I would. Any feedback would be helpful about Gap. And anybody went for preview let me know what you think of them. Thinks

Last edited by a moderator:

Preacherboy

I think the guy at Ft. Indiantown Gap is named Andrew, super nice guy...very helpful. I picked up a truck there.

If it says fluids drained, chances are that they are drained. You better plan on towing/trailering that truck home. The more I get into this hobby the more I want to preview everything before buying and definately before I would plan on driving anything home!

I did it once and that was enough for me! You can read my thread about a 550 mile deuce recovery from the Gap.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is against the rules to discuss an auction that is still open. Aside from that, the guys at Fort Indiantown Gap are great. I recovered an M35A2 there in 2009. Started it up and drove it home to Georgia with zero problems.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Ive bought a bunch of trucks out of Ft,Indiantown Gap.I always dealt with Mike he is a great guy and very helpful.

smoke

Sorry I did not know you could not discuss auction.:oops::oops::oops: I just what to check to make sure gap was not just scrap items and you could not get SF97. I been playing with ideal of get one. A buddy of mine has one but he won't get off it . It just sitting there rotting away.aua Last time it was started was year or two ago when he and I got it running to to take to a mud bog party at another buddy's house. Before that it hadn't been started seen it was parked several years before.

Whitey

Like previously mentioned, Mike is a cool guy. Also, if they are draining fluids now then it is a recent development. It would definitely make loading a little tougher for sure.

smoke

So you're saying that they maybe a chance that there still fluid in them. And that could be type O.
That would be great.

Kalashnikov

Usually there is a reason the fluids are drained. Call them up and ask for Mike. He usually does the booking and can tell you some good info on the trucks. He ansered some of my questions when they had wreckers a couple months ago.

bigjmcconnell

I've seen both there, some drained some not. I had some residue trucks and they were pretty mean to them. Alot more bashed up than shown. Many fluids drained with a hole in the pans.

Dealt with Mike from GL, as stated, good guy.

Sephirothq

Inspect, Inspect and Inspect
that is all I can say

If they have all fluids are drained that probably means all fluids drained. It takes extra time to type that.

Get it trailered home, not towed. You might not have any rear end gear lube and ruin the bearings because of that.

Know what you are getting in to. Run all the numbers, it is not cheap to fill all the fluids on a duece now a days.

Price it out, figure your time and what you want to do with the trucks, if you have a place to put them and check the current price of scrap incase the trucks are just that.

smoke

Thanks guy for info[thumbzup] I call Mike and found out what's up with trucks.If anything is learned here is I got to get myself in gear and preview trucks before bidding or talk someone into preview them for me that I can trust.
Again Thanks for your time and info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks