• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anybody else had issues with GovPlanet misplacing your wire transfers?

kfrosty

This is the 3rd time since last year I've purchased military surplus from GovPlanet. They limit you to $5k per transaction to a credit card and force you to wire the rest. EVERY single time I've wired the balance, it NEVER posts.

I start getting the friendly reminders that I have 3 days to pay, then I'm past due and can incrue fees. Everytime I get something, I follow up with the transfer details from my bank and we go round and round. It's usually one excuse after another. This time even though I've sent the info 3 times previously, they ask for a confirmation number and date it was sent.

Then when they have that, they claim they want something else. You send everything you have and it's something else. I've had it and started keeping track of each time I have to spend billable hours from my business dealing with their problems. They have no problems being quick to charge late fees, or pickup fees but yet will hold your money interest free for months at a time.

The last time, they gave me a number their Wells Fargo rep and told me it was my responsibility to call their bank and figure out what happened. I was like you have got to be kidding me. Well I called, and sure enough, the rep had an attitude and refused to look up to see if they had my money sitting in their bank. (I stopped asking if it was in GovPlanet's account, just if they could confirm or deny money with the confirmation had came from my bank to Wells Fargo on the date.)

Calling and getting pissy, then magically, somebody at GovPlanet figures it out and in the past the money would post.

They act like you're being unruly when they can't find money after 2 weeks. Anyway, since they will never say what the problem is, I'm starting this thread to see if others are having this same type of problem. After 3 times in a row now since last year, I have a hard time believing I'm the only one having this issue. But if I am I need to figure out what is causing the problem.

kfrosty

Not even going to get started on the SF97's. You ask before you purchase, 3 to 4 weeks. After you pay, 3 months later, nothing we can do, it's the government.

Anyway, how do you do your transfer? I do mine on line and I select the next day option which is $10 instead of the same day which is $30. No hurry since the EUC takes forever anyway. I think it goes through as an ACH.

My bank even sends GovPlanet customer service copy of the wire transaction in email.

What irritates me more than anything is, they have your money, you give them confirmation that they have your money and at that point, the issue is on them. But they seem like it's your problem to figure out why they can't find the money in their account.

Then you start getting emails from individuals with "friendly reminders" You let them know the problem and you don't hear a peep out of that person again.

tage

All I can add is I hate partying with bank transfer. You have no control of that money once it leaves your account. I have done several high amounts through the credit card claims due to auction houses that are less honest. You get the $$$ back and they come and pick up the trashed equipment.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mention paying the first $5K via credit card and then the balance via wire transfer. I read their policy to mean any item over a certain amount ($10k?) had to be paid in full via wire transfer. Maybe try paying that way next time. At least it's an excuse to by another MV!

kfrosty

The way they explain to me is you can pay with CC up to $5,000 on each transaction. I'm glad we're not chasing the entire amount.

FloridaAKM

I found that out on my last truck purchase. Pay $5000.00 on the CC (paid off that week)& wire transfer the rest, easy & clean. The much smaller wire transfer went thru in 24 hours or less, they issue my release & its recovery time! Originally, it was understood that the entire amount had to be a wire transfer. GL would let you do $10,000.00 which could really get a person in MV debt quickly!

kfrosty

For everyone doing an EFT, how are you doing the transfer? Online, going into a branch etc? Are you doing it immediately, next day or 3 business day?

FloridaAKM

I went to my credit union as WU had horrendous fees for the entire transfer amount. My CU charged me $25.00 for the entire ordeal. I did have to go back twice as the clerk could not figure out how to do it the first time around!

racingjoe66

They told me that only items $5000 or less in total could be paid with a CC anything over the $5000 amount could only be paid with a wire transfer and not splitting it with CC & another CC or wire transfer. I asked on several different occasions and got the same response.

kfrosty

Next day is most likely an ACH EFT and the fact it's $10. That's good if so and if that's the case then I don't know what's going on. Hopefully they'll follow up.

Thanks for all the input.

aleigh

I bought a trailer a month or more ago and just walked into the bank and sent a wire. GP had posted the payment by the next day. No problems.

I don't seem to have the SF97 though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks