• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone been refused at a car show because they drove a MILITARY VEHICAL?

Roaddog58

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove my 1971 M35A2 ww to a local week end car/ truck show, got to the gate and was refused entrance, I asked about the late 50s GMC tandem that was in ther, was told to leave? I was wondering If this happens to others?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The "pumpkin run" nationals used to only let in pre-1970 vehicles, I've heard they are changing that though. Did they say anything? Just point in the opposite direction and GTFO?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have never been refused admission to display but I have had a few of the purists look down their nose at me.

This usually happens when people crowd around my M927A2 and admire it more than their shinny toys.

I also allow people crawl all over my trucks and encourage the parents to let the kids get up in the cab for photos.

Some people are just bungholes.

AvrgJoe

I don't get out to our local cruise in very often but when I do they are always excited ti hear me whistling up. Sounds like you are probably better off with out them if the are "those people"

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good example of a time when it would be nice for a m35 to spin a tire! Their loss military trucks are awesome. Rustystud was right just shake the dust off and be done with them.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Lately around here I have gone to several car shows that wanted us and even had 1st, 2nd and 3rd trophy for the civi and the same for MV's. Several years ago my towns parade and car show let us in the parade but not the show. We went and tracked down one of the sponsors who was unaware of it and told the car show group that if MV's were not allowed he would pull his 2K sponsorship of the show. So from then on not a problem this is part of us that showed up this year. desoto2016.jpg

Last edited:

quickfarms

It happens, the show was probably run by some anti war protester. Was it on public property?

I have had the shiny car people get mad at us because our "surplus" was getting more attention than there shinny stuff. Usually they get upset when we take over the show.

The shiny car people would get really mad if they knew the show promoters often comp the entrance fee.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they turned me away once but when I backed out over 7 Corvettes they felt differently. :)

(Yes, I'm kidding, the 7th one I only bumped.)

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya , we had the "TUPPERWARE" car club , o sorry Corvette thing at a show yesterday , 24 Corvette's in a row . We had 13 Vehicles from our club , everything from 5 tons to deuce's ,CCKW, CUCV's , M38A1's , M274 Mules we made the car guy's nuts , and yes the mule did double duty with taking pictures with the kids , all you have to do is ask . You can check out the pictures on Facebook , under "Renegades of WNY" . The thing that was bad for our group is the show did not even have a Military Vehicle category for our vehicles and the people running the show called us and requested us to attend . We do not look for anything BUT it would have been nice if somebody thanked us for showing up . Car shows are all about CAMS and CARBURETORS period ! BTW , this show was supposedly put on for the VETS , go figure , The week before we were at a UAW car show at the Harrison Plant and I won best Military Vehicle award with my M37 for the second year in a row , which I had to impress upon the CUCV owners in our group . I told them I would stay home next year so they could get a shot , ya know they started talking about my HERITAGE !!!!! LOL :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks