• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

has anyone bought a truck with the condition code H and driven it home

mattyboy

looking at some trucks and not really understanding the condition codes. i am looking for some expirience from members. description says unrepairable. but not sure what thier rules or standards are for deeming so. is it a age of vehicle issue or something more serious. looked at the truck started it up ran it around lot . with no issues. was told by GL employee that is the go to rig to jump everything else. any advice would be appreciated. truck has to go about 300 miles home.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Condition codes mean nothing. Never trust them.

Use capitalization. It's the world standard.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen trucks listed as scrap that looked and drove brand new, seen trucks listed as repairable with cracked or bent frames. And everything in between. Like Doghead said, they don't mean diddly.

ichudov

Condition codes are totally meaningless. Something I learned years ago when I was buying and reselling military surplus electronics and general merchandise. They mean nothing whatsoever.

NeedMoreToys

From a first time GL buyer perspective the codes are not of any value, as mentioned in above posts. It's best to preview the item BEFORE the biddings starts. Be super nice to the GL employee upon site preview and they will sometimes give you inside information. My two cents. 2cents