• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

has anyone fixed a M105a3 landing gear?

3dAngus

Tire would definitely have to go. I'll take a picture of mine up, and one down with a measuring tape.

Maybe it will give you final confirmation either way. Kinda hard to envision it this way, but it would make sense that

they would change it out BECAUSE of the surge brakes. Be right back.

Darwin T

NO, they changed it because we had to many spare M105a2 parts and they lasted almost forever, so they changed the tire and rim size and put a crappy little landing gear so we would have to buy more to replace them and an up package.

3dAngus

What a dope! It's welded. The hole bolts the landing gear in another part of the swivel tube which is welded. They probably cut the swivel tube off when they mounted the surge brakes. Disregard the dope!

Darwin T

i don't know about that, but, someone could have built a surge brake the would have just mounted to the old frame and left the landing gear alone. "Drugs are Bad!"

3dAngus

Senior moments are coming more and more often.

Might have to get a job again.

Don't know if I could stand to wear shoes again though.

Last edited: