• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone made up decals for the MEP-002A front panel?

goldneagle

Has anyone made up decals for the MEP-002A front panel? All my data tags are bleached out. The only one I am really concerned about is the front panel. Would be a lot cheaper to get decals made than replacing the aluminum face plate.

Maybe someone can do a nice tracing of the writing around the switches. Labeling the gauges is no biggy....

Chainbreaker

There used to be someone on eBay selling a full size control panel adhesive vinyl type of overlay with all the panel cutouts (black background with white lettering). Not sure how well those hold up over time though. Haven't seen one there lately. There are also places that will cut custom oil board stencils but you would need a dimensioned dwg or a pattern of some sort to go off of. OTOH, a new panel can be had via eBay for ~$40+ shipping.

goldneagle

There used to be someone on eBay selling a full size control panel adhesive vinyl type of overlay with all the panel cutouts (black background with white lettering). Not sure how well those hold up over time though. Haven't seen one there lately. There are also places that will cut custom oil board stencils but you would need a dimensioned dwg or a pattern of some sort to go off of. OTOH, a new panel can be had via eBay for ~$40+ shipping.
I saw that one. Too pricey for me. Not worth replacing a perfectly good aluminum panel front just for some faded lettering.

I am going to paint the aluminum and apply decals. JUst need something to work off of.

cuad4u

I bought one of the new panels off ebay for $40 and I am very happy with it. Swapping out the old panel for the new one took less than an hour. I have also used a Dymo label maker to make front panel "stick-on" labels. They do not look very professional but they work and get the job done.

goldneagle

Can anyone do a scan of the front control panel and save it as a .jpg or .pdf? I can use it to get decals made at a sign shop.

BobbyT

I have the decal kit from JimC, it's great. If you just need a certain one, shoot him a pm and see what he can do, he has every label on the 002/003's. He said they are good for 10 years or more outdoors, 3M materials.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks