• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HASSON1911 M931A1 Acquisition

HASSON1911

Well as some may know I won a M931A1! Now I can compare the 2 engines. I bought her for strictly water tending and grain hauling(most our fields are down bad minimum maintenance roads). But now I'm 1/3 the way to getting a tracked vehicle and when I get a drop deck, I can haul my one 5 ton instead of burning fuel of 2 running 5 tons!

I figured out that in 5 weeks I can pay this girl off, another also every 5 weeks I will have the funds to either save(dumb idea), or go to another truck or maintenance cost!

I had my M923A2 shipped up because a buddy I knew was trucking at Sparta and gave me a heck of a deal, unfortunately not this time! Game plan is to get Jeff to remove her and give her a once over, then my brother and I will go down and do (technically) my first real recovery!

Pics to come, but for know GL stock photos will have to do!

Attachments

MtnSnow

Again congrats! I am really going to have to see what I can come up with for shipping options from Sparta to Utah as it looks like some good trucks have come out of Sparta regularly

ichudov

Very nice truck, it looks like. I remember this lot. I got lot 7429. My driver will pick it up hopefully next week and drive to Chicago. Congratulations.

HASSON1911

Thanks, yea this was the 07 rebuild, probably was bidding against you on the other ones!

Some obvious upgrades are a hard top and some mud flaps!

HASSON1911

Well she came home yesterday and she's got some tlc to do.

Here's the list

1. Transfer case out put seal. She blew when Jeff was driving her to the loading dock

2. Tach cable

3. Fuel gauge

4. Throttle cable. For some reason if it's pulled out the slightest it will want to rev up

5. One tire has a slow leak

6. Hard top

7. No air buzzer

It was rebuilt by RRD. So much for the recent rebuild haha. Good thing it's just small little projects!

Attachments

HASSON1911

Got it in the shop today finally to thaw out. I noticed that the transfer case is extremely hard to shift, don't think that and the seal should be related, maybe just way out of adjustment. Also same situation with the tranny very stiff to shift. Thoughts, Im putting money on adjustment but maybe others have come across this. I do have low heat but not high. I am calling Memphis on Monday to get that seal coming and then I will change all fluids and get that gear lube out of the transfer and tranny.

HASSON1911

Today before work got some progress!

Zerks all greased

5th wheel greased

Transfer drained

Differential fluid changed

freed and lubricated joints for transfer lever and the front axle engagement valve. Turned out to be the reason for difficultly to move

Checked the transfer for cracks since I had received it with 6x6 stuck on. God only knows how much it was backed up.. but she looks good

Tach cable removed will be getting a new one tomorrow

Block heater ordered...still trouble shooting the ether start

I have named this truck too!

Dauber... after all the dauber nest that have been and have yet to be found

Attachments

HASSON1911

Tranny fluid and filter changed

Block heater in

Motor oil and filter changed

And $50 dollars later the transfer case seal is changed out, word to the wise before buying parts from some vendors on here ask for a part number.
All the in and out put seals on the transfer case are the same and can be bought for $6 instead of paying $30 for the seal and $20 on shipping.

Transfer case seal number is as follows: National 475012N

HASSON1911

Resurrecting this thread, got a new propane fired block heater that will be installed. After having 2 tires that keep going flat no matter what I do, I'm pondering the thought of switching to g117 1100r20 tires. So I'm looking for and pros cons people have come across. Also am I able to mount them with any hassle, obviously I'm going to go from a m931a1 to a m931a0.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks