• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hattiesburg 5 Tons

EZFEED

Rocco said:
Hey EZFEED,
Im going for lots.
This is such a gamble.Well good luck to all of us.
Cool deal bro, I'll stay off them! 8)

I'm outbid on all of the wreckers I put a bid on so whatever you guys leave over. I'd like to grab if possible. If someone here has a bid on it let me know.

I will wait till there are more wreckers to come up if you guys have spoken for them already.

Independent

at the risk of sounding stupid...is this a internet aution..or a on site auction? if it is a net auction, could someone please get me the link..thank you...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The auction is at www.govliquidaton.com.

Government Liquidation is the contractor that disposes of surplus government property. They took over from the DRMS - Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service.

Go to the site and click on "locations"/Mississippi/ MS, Forest, Hattiesburg/Shelby . It will show you what is for sale and when.

You have to register to bid and you have to have a credit card (with a big limit).

They slap on a 10% buyers premium and state tax so figure that into your bid when you figure your maximum bid.

I have bought several items from them and have been satisfied with their service.

I have never bought a vehicle and some people on the forum have had trouble with titiling and other issues.

Just my 2cents

Michael

I was wondering for some unknown reason if any of you won any of these trucks you were talking about last year?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if anyone gets a truck and needs to store it for any length of time i have plenty of room by the barn. im not that far away about 130 miles

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to someone who bought three of the tractors up for bid a couple of months ago, of the three he said one was parts only but the other two were in decent shape, I think they went for $600 a piece on the average last auction. My parents live about five hours north of Shelby but it is an out of the way place to visit.
James G.

Michael

I would think Memphis Eq would stick with the TN and Ohio National Guard turn ins vs this stuff that has been sitting waiting for rebuild.

dma251

This is totally off-topic, but Hattiesburg is the site of the only nuclear weapons test east of Colorado.... They lit 2 off in a salt dome south of Hattiesburg to see how the seismic data appeared so we could detect other countries testing underground.

The site is completely unsecured land now. Just a few wellheads poking up.

Interesting stuff. Here's a bit more about it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmon_Site

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, there is to be absolutely no collusion on SS.com. This means no bidder number sharing, no saying what lots you are bidding on or aren't bidding on, no organizing of group buys, etc...

Yes, I know it is an old thread, but I wanted to edit out the information and reinforce our collusion policy anyways.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
WOO HOO.........I am Wreckerman for real now.
Stole one for 3000 bucks......looks like it may be a runner with a little tinkering.
My ace mechanic (FreightTrain) should be able to chisel some life into the old girl.
I also got two deuces that have ring mount legs on them.
I hope the one with the legs shown attached has a ring attached to it.
Maybe we will be able to tow one of the deuces back with the wrecker.

Monty

So who won what? I lost out on 818, but after looking around for a trucking company to get it to WI I figure I'll buy one closer.
I know there's some coming up for auction in IN soon so I guess I'll wait for them.

Armada

At the risk of beating this dead horse again I will explain about those 5-tons.
There is a shop at Camp Shelby (Hattiesberg) that rebuilds 5-tons. They have stopped rebuilding the 800 series and have moved on to the 900 series.
The vehicles that are coming up for sale are the 800's that had been sitting there awaiting their turn under the wrench. They are now considered obsolete.
Most of them have been sitting a long time and have weather damage. Some have been cannibilized, some were FUBAR when they were brought in.
I use to spend a lot of time down there since my unit had a brigade there.
I have snooped around all of the storage lots and what you see is the tip of the iceberg.
Wait until they sell off the wreckers. There is a whole yard full of them and dumps.
The last time I was there I talked to the DRMO guy and he said they may sell them as scrap to avoid the title issue. Lets' hope not.
This was posted over a year ago by wreckerman. Is the current crop offered from Hatties still out of this original group? They look very weathered like they've been sitting a long time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks