• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haul a running deuce from Sparta to Rhinelander, WI...

stumps

Hi,

I need someone who can haul a running M35A2 from Sparta, Wisconsin to Rhinelander Wisconsin. I am awaiting my EUC, so it could be anytime in the next 45 days... I'll know more later.

-Chuck

stumps

Hi DR. Greg,

I'm trying to figure out a way of getting this truck home. It's supposed to be running, and supposed to have been driven onto the lot.... A lot of "supposed to's"!

Unfortunately, stupid me, I haven't even seen it :oops:. Something I know better than to do, but in a moment of excitement (colored in GREEN), I did anyway.

Ideally, I would like to check it out, and make it road ready, and drive it back. I own a farm in Rhinelander, but my ultimate destination is Maryland.

For any driving, there remains the issue of legal tags. GL won't issue a SF97 until the truck is off of government property, and I don't believe MD will issue a tag of any kind until there is a title, or SF97.

And then there is my EUC...

If you could take a quick look, and maybe shoot a few pictures, I'd be forever in your debt.

-Chuck

stumps

Awwww! Ain't she cute!

I certainly am open to changing my screen name, but first I have to get her home!

Trying to figure out how to get tags for her for a drive off has me, well, stumped.

The screen name "Stumps" came about because I am a tree farmer, and I recently harvested one of my farms, and have a whole lot of .....Stumps! Sprout seems to be kind of prophetic, because I have also recently replanted that tree farm, and it is full of ....Sprouts! Loblolly pine sprouts.

So tell me Dr. Greg. Does it look like she will drive home?

Also, does Mike at Ft. McCoy allow drive offs, or must I tow?

Thanks for taking a look!

-Chuck

Yes you can drive it off. You will have to do a once over on the brakes and fluids before the recovery. The tires are in question for a trip of any distance.
I PM'd you more pics and info.
Glad to hear your screen name was not from some gorry accident.

stumps

Hi Dr. Greg!

Thanks for checking. Now I know something else I must carry... At least they will be charged. Walmart here I come!

My EUC is at Battle Creek. Heaven only knows how long it will linger there. I still haven't figured out how to get temporary tags out of Maryland. The MVA is very slow about answering questions.

How's the weather? I have been having recurring nightmares about doing this recovery in January with the first 40 below winter in years.

-Chuck

stumps

Don't worry, seldom does it get lower than 20 below here.
Hi Mike,

-20F would do the trick! My dad grew up in Rhinelander, and it made -40 most every winter while he was growing up. I heard more than my fair share of stories of bringing the battery into the house every night, and lighting a smudge pot under the truck's oil pan to warm the oil enough to start the gasoline engine .... I shudder to think of starting a diesel in -20F.

I hope I will be seeing you well before winter really sets in.

-Chuck

citizensoldier

If it makes you feel better I have picked up 4 trucks from Sparta and checked all the fluids,brakes,tires and driven them all the way to Michigan with only a few small problems.. Ran one out of fuel like dumb ass.. and one sprung a oil leak at the injection pump.. easy fix and roll on.. I would just do the basic checks.. BRAKES! being the most important, jump it and drive it to WalMart.. :wink:

dozenjeeps

Hey, great to see Mike is on steel soldiers!!! Stump you can't beat Mike or Dr Greg to help with your deuce.... Just make sure you don't give Dr. Greg any beer, he gets all goofy and hard to understand, probably cause he drinks cheap beer.... Mike is probably the best guy you can ever find at a goverment auction sale to work with...good luck...dozenjeeps

stumps

Thanks guys! I am not too worried.... well, no more than I should be, I guess... :wink:

First thing that needs to happen is for my EUC to get back from BC.

Ridini, I am near Frederick.

-Chuck

rideni

your best bet is the tag and title place on rt140 out of westminster, tags aren't gonna be easy to get with out a florida title or sf-97 form.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks