• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling grain with the 915A1 tractors

SUPRDUD

I jumped in the deep end this year and bought my first pair of semi trucks and had fun using them at harvest this year. I'm pulling 36 foot DMF trailers and haul about 1,000 bushels of corn. I had pretty good luck and had one PS hose come off and a sticky fuel shut off magnet. My buddies that drove them a little were impressed with the automatics as they had never driven them before. They roll out of a soft spot so easily.

I got a lot of looks and questions when driving them into the grain elevator. One question was asked many times: "What does that thing have in there? It really takes off in a hurry!" Heck, I was driving them very gently......

My truck even made it on the local news when they were doing a harvest story. The reporter's eyes locked onto my rig as soon as I pulled in, and there were some very newish trucks there too!

Attachments

cornrichard

You are not the only guy enjoying these trucks for farm work. This was our third harvest with the 915a1 trucks. I think the cat is out of the bag because the last batch sold for more than 11 grand each. I saw trucks just as nice 2 1/2 years ago sell for $2500 to $3500. I have a post on here about installing air ride seats. That really helps on the empty half of the haul. I think they ride fine with a load. Looks good and congratulations on getting some money back from the goberment. They spent a ton of money to rebuild these trucks and then basically scrap them. When we use them for farming we not only save money, we also keep many thousands of dollars of our tax money from being thrown out. Good on you.

SUPRDUD

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Cornrichard, I am glad you are still having fun doing "real work" with yours too. I had read your earlier posts and those of others before I spent the money. It was nice to have the information on here about them. There is a family near me using them to haul scrap iron and that is where I first learned about them. I got to be the first to haul into the elevator with one.

Due to the loss of my right foot I have been looking for a semi with an automatic and the commercial trucks seem to run $30,000 to $50,000 each with high miles and I couldn't swing that much. Glad we could get some tax money back in the form of these trucks! Now to buy a 6x6 tractor to play with........

jason@snakeriver

I am jealous, I just bought a couple of the smaller M-931's with the 250 Cummins. I have for the past 10 years been buying 800 and 900 series and putting them to work on the farm here in Eastern Idaho.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks