• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hauling/ transport m923 from Ft. Riley

OkieM1008morrison

So I ended up getting a m923 off of Gov planet last Wednesday, very happy with the condition and the pictures and info they gather is so much more extensive than Gov liquidation...I drove my last 5 ton home, this truck doesn't run and I don't want to chance getting it going and driving from Ft riley to Tulsa, ok its only 270 miles, but I would rather get it trucked home. my question is, I have an F-550 diesel and a 25 ft gooseneck trailer with 2 10,000 pound axles. which could handle the truck I think. has anyone else done this? I have a class A cdl along with DOT numbers on my truck. I haul deuce's all over the place no problem, but I have yet to pull a 5 ton.it would cost me about 600 dollars in fuel for the trip at the max. would it be cheaper to let a trucking company haul it back for me? is it not a good idea to haul it myself? im up for any advice. or does anyone know a good reliable transport company thats SS member friendly?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
truck weighs 22,500 pounds, (seems light) the trailer has 2 10,000 lb axles, I would put the weight of the trailer at 6K minimum subtract the axles and tires which leaves you which I approx. at 2000 pounds leaves you 16K of hauling capacity on the trailer. Like I said earlier 22,500 for a 939 series cargo seems a little on the light side, but at the minimum you would be 4000 pounds over weight for the trailer, if the truck is full of fuel just add that to the overweight side of things!

OkieM1008morrison

my m931 weighed in at 20,600 pounds at the local scrap yard scales, obviously I wasn't going to scrap it....I bet the cargo bed weighs around 1500-2000 so 22,500 would be just about right. if that scale is wrong they have been getting in my pocket for years!!!!

Gunzy

My M923 which has had a 20k winch installed(converted to M925) scaled at 24440lbs. Just sayin'.