• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have any of y'all used these LED tail lights????

EZFEED

wjruth said:
For marker lights / turn signals you could use the same lights they use on trailers - we use them at work and they are bright and compact.

http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wc...10001&storeId=10001&productId=32152&langId=-1
Thats what I'm looking for! Something with a single bulb or something so that I can gut the receptacle of each fender mounted turn signal and install one of those clearance lights without the lens. The turn signals on the fender have cone shaped lenses and for the sake of keeping things original looking I want to keep them.

Chief1900

EZ, not to get away from where this thread is going, but I see you tried polishing your original lights. All my lights were very dull, we wet sanded our lights with 2000 grit paper and then polished them. Lenses look brand new and are brighter. Just a cheap option to replacement.

Sometimes I wish I had those reverse spot lights on my truck like on tow trucks.
Someone with high beams on who is tail gating you, pop the switch and blind the SOB!!!!!
Must be a James Bond hidden gadget if I put one on my truck thou!!!!
If you look on the mirror bracket you will see the tailgaters special.

Attachments

EZFEED

EZ, not to get away from where this thread is going, but I see you tried polishing your original lights. All my lights were very dull, we wet sanded our lights with 2000 grit paper and then polished them. Lenses look brand new and are brighter. Just a cheap option to replacement.
Took your advice Chief1900 and polished them.........al I can say is WOW! Thanks for the tip, works a whole lot better than using Brasso too.

I recently gathered together all of the lights I wanted to use. I am replacing the original taillight asemblies with the Harbor Frieght units. They fit perfectly inside the gutted buckets.

I also picked up some LED marker/clearance lights while I was at Harbor Frieght. I'm not going to replace the little cone shaped turn signals but I will gut them and install these LED units without their lenses in place of the incandescent bulbs. Since the lighting circuit is separate and hase its own fuse I have decided to cut the 12V positive ground lead in and run a separate 12V negative ground in.

Since the rest of the vehicle is positive ground I hope that the 12V negative ground power going in will not interfere with the LED grounding on the body.

Anyone know if this will make a difference? The circutry in the LED units requires negative ground only.

Artisan

Sometimes I wish I had those reverse spot lights on my truck like on tow trucks.
Someone with high beams on who is tail gating you, pop the switch and blind the SOB!!!!!
Must be a James Bond hidden gadget if I put one on my truck thou!!!!
The 24V 25GPM Cgaed fuel pumps have a nice little Bond type switch
on them. It is the size of a small quarter, you just touch it w/ anything
metal and the pump starts...

I have 2 for sale LOL!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks