• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have been inactive for a time. What auction site took over mil vehicles from GL?

Ken_86gt

GL still has them, but check out govplanet.com. There are a couple of others out there- publicsurplus.com, govdeals.com, gsaauctions.gov, and some others

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

storeman

I picked up a GL item at Portsmouth, VA today and asked why no vehicles lately. They said they lost the govt contract on vehicles by being 1% too high on the contract renewal bid. They are now 12.5% buyer premium on the new contract for what they still handle. I didn't realize it before but they actually buy from the govt, then resell at auction plus premium. Saw some great tool kits in Norfoolk last year which had been photographed and prepped for listing. Norfolk was ordered to ship to Lockbourne, Ohio where GL actually operates a walk in retail store for items they see more profit from.
Jerry

Here is the link to the retail operstion
http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/

Last edited:

storeman

Thanks Jim. I see Gimpy on occasion at the welding site. Got the welding itch a couple of years ago. I've got lots of equipment and zero skills, unfortunately.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks