• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have to sell-hate to do it

boy oh boy is it hard to type these words. :(
I am selling my 53 M37 w/w, 2 parts trucks, and assorted pieces and parts. Long story short, too many of this truck available for our Museum displays and I've decided to move to something a little less common.
1953 M37, w/winch:
Exellent truck!!!!!!! Not perfect-I'm in the middle of replacing the wiring, needs some leaks addressed and has a rear diff problem diagnosed as a bad pinion bearing (?). Winch works but needs attention, tranny pops out of 3rd sometimes. Engine was rebuilt just before I bought it, I've put a total of about 250 miles on it, including 1 road trip and a trail ride. I replaced the front axle shafts and joints when I got it. (Drove it home in front wheel drive from the trail ride, so I guess I did something right.) Engineer I bought it from added overload springs and cut the rear bumperettes to put on an a-frame rig. Undercoated with tar (?), minimal rust
Has troop seats, racks, bows and front and rear cargo canvas (no main cargo canvas), and troop strap. Hot water heater (-Needs to be rewired-), defrosters, and Bob put a plywood liner under the canvas top to replace the straps (effectively a canvas hard top) for winter use. This truck has not been driven since May due to the work in progress, but has never had a problem starting right up. As it sits: $6,500. I have parts and parts trucks available for take out parts to replace those needing it. I’ll include take out replacement diff and tranny for $8,000 total. These prices are negotiable, but I think the extras make it worth it. I'm not trying to overprice my truck, but it's a great truck I really hate to let go.
Also need to sell the two M37 parts trucks and a bunch of parts, including engines, trannies, bearings, axle shafts, tubes and flaps, some new tires, and a LOT of little things. If you have specific needs, let me know, I'll check. Otherwise, I'll have a list on here within a couple weeks.
I'm in Northern Michigan, near the tip of the Mitt. Local delivery can be arranged or I can bring it to the Great Lakes MVPA show at Clare Aug 25-27 for a reasonable fee.
G741 had first shot, no one bit. E-mail me at bigbeemorrisonATjuno.com if you want specific pictures or need my address to send me a check right away.

The trailer pictured is not mine to sell. Citizensoldier loaned it to me for the display.

Attachments