• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have we discussed the M35A3 in the movie "Super 8"

Trango

Wife and I just watched "Super 8". Overall, they nailed the period-specific vehicles for a movie set in 1979, but I did catch a deuce in A3 trim in there.

I might be the only one who both a) saw that movie and b) knows military vehicles, but I figured I'd ask the group. :)

Best,
Bob

CobraCDR

You are correct! Lots of A2 deuce shots in the movie, but in the one scene you are refering to when a number of trucks were rolling by in the background, it was definitely an A3. I backed it up and watched a second time to be certain. Noone else watching it with me cared that I had to point out that it didn't fit properly for the time period. Lots of well maintained MV in the film. I'm glad someone else caught that as well. :beer:

jrodjared

I counted three in the movie. Yeah, nerd. A couple of the military Blue Bird busses seemed a little out of place for the era as well. But aside from that I thought it was a good flick! Lots of Steel Soldiers, for sure.

Gunfreak25

I ruined the movie for everyone when I pointed out the A3 being a 90's vehicle. :lol: Same way with guns and movies. We all probably do the same thing during family movie time.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ruined the movie for everyone when I pointed out the A3 being a 90's vehicle. :lol: Same way with guns and movies. We all probably do the same thing during family movie time.
Yeh my wife has started just saying "shut up and watch the movie." I did back Super 8 up a couple of times including when the A3 was rolling by.

SpecialK

I noticed the A3 as well, almost got slapped for it. I'm not an MV expert (I wish I was), but I also saw an Oshkosh HET which I believe was late 80's or early 90's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks