• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you been tested?

Ever had tanks checked?

• Been Checked

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Never Checked

Votes: 76 91.6%

• Total voters

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy who bought a deuce from me a while ago was going to get checked by a LEO but the cop didn't realize that the screen came out of the tank and couldn't test him. Luckily he had less than a half a tank because he was running offroad!

camp9

I use to get checked once in a while when we would run hay down south with our road tractor, never in my pickup or any other truck. They were usually IrS guys and by the time they handed you the paper saying its a automatic fine of $5000 if you don't allow the testing they had it already done. It was always at a scale, or a wayside that they funneled you into.

MilitaryRestoration

never been, as voted and good thing because i would've had some explaining to do when bringing home a 5ton with both tanks full of red dye since we bought from a government entity that used red dye on the road as they do not have to pay taxes...

Maxgussam

Only been checked once in 15 yrs in the truck in NC at the Charlotte scale house.
Around here, I've heard they occasionally stick tanks at the sale barns.
The fines are so big, the small savings in fuel isn't worth it to me.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fuel tests

Does anyone know for sure exactly what the test is looking for?

Is it red dye or non 100% diesel, or specific gravity? Or what?

Thanks for the comments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks