• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Having a 5 ton wrecker is handy

Greasy

Several months ago I used my M-543 wrecker at a local museum that I volunteer at and forgot to post pictures! Myself and another volunteer have been painting the museum's T-33 and wanted to reattach the wing tip fuel tanks (that have never been installed). The tip tanks are not really heavy, but very awkward. Using the "Ugly duckling" and ratchet straps made this job a snap. With most museum events, the "Ugly duckling" handles flag duty flawlessly.

Attachments

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Thanks for donating your time. And the use of your equipment.

I would guess that your truck really enjoys being able to streatch out and get some use. After all the fluids need to be moved around lest rust may start to begin.

Last edited:

Greasy

Thanks for donating your time. And the use of your equipment.

I would guess that your truck really enjoys being able to streatch out and get some use. After all the fluids need to be moved around lest rust may start to begin.
Exactly! I'm always looking for reasons to exercise her! In the next few weeks, I will be moving several storage containers (Intermodal containers) for the museum. The more that I run and use her, the better she runs!

Greasy

This weekend I spent more time with the " Ugly Duckling" volunteering at the museum. The museum has 3 storage boxes (2 containers 1 truck trailer) that were staged right next to each other. In an effort to gain more covered vehicle parking, the storage containers were moved 13 feet apart and a wooden roof will be built between them. Attached is photos of moving the truck trailer and a finished covered parking using recycled billboard vinyl that will be built (Sample is the covering over my fathers 1959 John Deere 730 Diesel using billboard vinyl). Big thanks to Halftrackkid for the use of his trailer dally.

Attachments

charlesmann

Pretty nifty. But how do you reattach something that has never been installed? Wouldnt that simply be installing/attaching?

Dang sure could have used my wrecker a wk ago. Cal-Fire contract was over, getting our 53’ former race car, turned service trailer ready to head south, transfer our parts and tooling into sea-cans for our south america fire season. The so called professional OTR driver turned the wheel and sunk the rig.
We had to uncouple our fuel tck/tlr and use the tractor to yank and after 2hrs, the 60,000 lb rig was free.
$370 in chains and 2hrs off the the clock was much cheaper than a $1000+ recovery bill.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks