• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hawaii Five O film work with my M998

EwaMarine

Wanted to share this for fun and show off our state! Aloha and Semper Fi!!We also brought the M-901..it was dressed as a EOD vehicle...lol...the extras in ACUs were all from Naval Air Museum Barbers Points volunteer gang...as wranglers. Uniforms were the museums...The 60 mounted on the roof was the museums as we didnt have our 240 yet as we now do...Terry, the armorer for five oh, loaned the rest of the small arms...This was for Episode 21 of season 4...

Attachments

Last edited:
Nice pictures. Who drove your vehicles? Someone you can trust I hope because production companies aren't very careful with stuff they borrow.I have heard horror stories on the classic car side of nice cars being trashed by uncaring production people and little or no compensation offered to the owner.

EwaMarine

You are totally correct. We drive our own stuff...the museum volunteers here that is. The museum keeps a set of different services uniforms and flak jackets and helmets to be able to show up "turn key" that way the time spent getting wardrobed and all that crap, is saved...because it takes forever. We have the Army ACU uniforms and multicam and most of us are Marines so we have our MARPATS... All we normally do is call the wardrobe and ask them what they want...and we show up. Sure is easier. But yeah the hollywood types do abuse the stuff....and are notorious for good reason. But with proactive measures and being firm with them you can have fun and make good money. (as sporadic as that is...) lol!!! We have a old beat up M-38 here and it was used for Korea scenes by Steve Magarretts charachter played by Alex O. He LOVES that thing and always giggles that he gets to drive it..its one of his favorites...LOL...Hes a really fun normal down to earth guy, and he remembers peoples names..(we all still live on a island at the end of the day and use the same supermarkets and so on)...But I take pics of the vehicles before they leave the museum flightline and after...If its a muddy set, then they get baths as soon as they get thru the fence here at the museum. We have it down pat so when hollywood calls we can have good fun and enjoy the catering...lol..vs worrying about the vehicles being beat to death....Its the way to do it. I highly reccomend that if a owner considers doing any film work that he or she invest in a set of uniforms that are correct and authentic for thier vehicles potential eras...with modern vehicles its easy and cheap. You typically get paid a bit more for being a extra and having your own wardrobe. On H50 they give you a extra 35 bucks in addition to your normal pay which for the day is like 150 bucks...So plan on two sets of uniforms : one for your driver, and one for your A-driver. The film people can rig the patches...so sterile uniforms work best....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks