• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hawk missile loader starter question

fallen

i am not sure if this is the correct forum and i am not sure where i posted question about the hawk missile loader at before so please bear with me.

i know the starter solinoid has two small wires can anyone send a copy of the wiring schematic for the hawk missile loader i am mainly interested in the starter circuit also i saw part of a motorized vehicle to load bombs with. it looks as if it had a small engine with a platfrom you would use to raise the bomb up to the bomb rack can anyone advise the name of these things and if they are avalable thanks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the starter wiring the same as an M151?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Fallen are you talking about a MH2-83 bomb lift?? Or a M501 hawk loader transport??

Attachments

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First, as someone who appreciates the English language, we try to use period punctuation once in a while. Sentences are nice, very powerful things. But they need to have a capital letter at the beginning of the sentence, and they shouldn't be too long before you see one of these things ==> . Did you see that? Neat little dot at the end of a sentence. Please try to use one every so often, makes it look like you graduated. :)

Second, if what you're referring to is the XM-501 hawk missile loader/transporter, the starter solenoid should have the same setup as the M151 jeep. The manual shows two main lines running off the starter solenoid, one is from the positive terminal of the battery, other line goes to the control distribution box. There is a ground on there as well. See the attached picture from the TM 9-1450-500-34 manual on the XM501.

Third, I have seen them as low as $4,000 for a halfway decent one to $8,000 for a restored one, with the loading boom in place.

PM HAWKMAN, I believe he still owns one, might be able to assist more with info.

Attachments

Last edited:

HAWKMAN

I'd be glad to help if you need pics or a quick vid of the 'workings'. I'll probably take it out of the building this weekend......need to blow off some steam after doing Reading WWII weekend;-)

fallen

Why are there so many people on this site that are critical of others? You have no idea of what may or may not have happened during my day or anyone else's day. I complete police reports and arrest affidavits daily as part of my job. I know how to write a sentence.
I was involved in very serious incident recently. Unfortunately my 18 y/o son happened to be in a position to hear the suspect screaming at me that when he got out of jail he was going to find me, beat the F### out of me and kill me. Military vehicle are a passion for me and I enjoy working on them. I don’t enjoy watching millionaires play sports. My military vehicles help me get my mind off of the real world. What I don’t enjoy is the scolding I get from posting on the wrong forum or for not using proper punctuation. I MAY BE THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF OTHERS WOULD NOT DIRECT NEGATIVE OR SARCASTIC REMARKS AT MY POSTS. I get enough negative comments from the suspects I arrest. I do this to relieve stress not add to it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Why are there so many people on this site that are critical of others? You have no idea of what may or may not have happened during my day or anyone else's day. I complete police reports and arrest affidavits daily as part of my job. I know how to write a sentence.
I was involved in very serious incident recently. Unfortunately my 18 y/o son happened to be in a position to hear the suspect screaming at me that when he got out of jail he was going to find me, beat the F### out of me and kill me. Military vehicle are a passion for me and I enjoy working on them. I don’t enjoy watching millionaires play sports. My military vehicles help me get my mind off of the real world. What I don’t enjoy is the scolding I get from posting on the wrong forum or for not using proper punctuation. I MAY BE THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF OTHERS WOULD NOT DIRECT NEGATIVE OR SARCASTIC REMARKS AT MY POSTS. I get enough negative comments from the suspects I arrest. I do this to relieve stress not add to it.
sorry you had a bad day, but to blow up 24 hours later ?????, you did get your answer, you said thank you and things went on until now, we all get critized from time to time. because your son was in the wrong place at the wrong time is NO reason to blow up directed at SS. it was not our fault he was there, if your job STRESS you so bad ( bad for the heart) maybe change jobs so you don't leave your wife a widow

fallen

Thanks I am interested in restoring the missile holding capabilty of my xm501. I have some of the peices but need more. Is there a supply of these demilled parts. Thanks fred

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, none I can tell you of. I'm interested in these buggers too, they are just too cool looking, probably the most affordable tracked vehicle out there. From what I understand and was told, all the XM501s were auctioned off in one lot, a lot of scrap, many years back. The missile loading arm and cradles were mostly cut up already prior to auction, making sure that someone would have a heckuva time using them for their intended purpose without a lot of welding. So, the spare parts you need were mostly cut up to begin with as a result of demil policy.

The best I can do is say, track down a couple owners of said vehicles, and ask them if they have any spares. There are no "dealers" of XM501 parts per se, except for those who have stockpiles of M151 parts since the engine is the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks