• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hazard Light Switch

Granted my brain is fried from hunting all day in knee deep snow, but I can't get the hazards to switch off. Yes I read the Operator's Manual. Any help? The cover with the spring just pops out and in, but I can't get the lights off.

Rich Johnson

maybe the contacts inside the switch are stuck together.

My hazards dont work when I pull the switch or push it in or whatever. And sometime my left indicator doesnt work. Its an old truck and I just live with it. I spend my time chasing the leaks.

Can someone describe how it is supposed to work for reference? This is my daily driver, and I've needed the hazards a couple of times, but I'm at the point of just retardation. I need this truck without flashing right now. I just need a point of reference to troubleshoot from. I'll cut a wire if I need too, but I don't have a feel for the basic mechanism.

Sasquatch

Basic Mechanism:

To turn on press the button in.

To turn off pull the cover out then give it a pull.

The little switch cover is pretty loose and moves in and out with doing anything (not sure why it's even there beside to prevent someone from bumping it accidently). My actual switch is very stiff and needs a good tug to get them to turn off.

If you cut a wire you might lose your turn signals.

carefully take apart the Turn signal system and carefully separate the contacts in the switch .
If you are unable then buy a new turn signal switch there quite easy not expensive .

I hooked up my I.C.E Unit and it showed me my signal was burnt so I replaced it Good luck to you

duchiem1009

You do not want to cut the wires you will lose turn signals and brake lights as all run through the turn signal switch behind the steering wheel. sometimes you need to push the button for the hazzard button in and out a few times to get the switch back to the netural postition. if I remember right the plastic turn signal cams are about $8-10. If you get the whole assembly ,which requires you to fish the wires through the steering column, are about $23. It's been awhile since I've had to replace one but those will give you a ballpark figure.

I'll give it a go. Thanks much. Another brutal day of hunting. 4:30 - 6:30.

Abnormally strong tug worked. Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks