• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hazard lites on deuce

heywood

It should be easy but i cant get my hazard lights to engage.
Ive got the standard turn signal lever.
Is there a trick to it?
Also the TM says that when you engage the blackout lights it should disable the horn.sounds like a good idea...however my horn functions with the blackouts on or off.
Anybody else have this issue.?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are actually two "standard" turn signal levers.

One has a single arm, near the base on top is a small tab that, if depressed gently rearward, allows the arm to go past right-turn to 4-way.

The second type has a second, shorter, lever behind it. Pull that short lever out toward its tip, that allows you to go past right-turn to 4-way.

I'll try to find some pictures and post them.

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

On your turn signal arm, pull out (to the left) the end of it and move the arm as if making a right turn but go past where you think it should stop, it will go farther and that should activate the hazards.

Horn? never checked mine with BO's on

Big Z

Could you give the TM and page on the part with the horn and blackout lights?
I can't say I've tried but that doesn't sound right.

steelandcanvas

Yep. Pulled the diagram and verified. So does, for some reason, the heater fan. That caught me off guard when I first hooked it up.
Note to self: Be sure and turn off heater blower motor when shutting down truck. One could always install a relay connected to the power switch to disable accessories when the engine is shut down. Just a thought.

Note to self: Be sure and turn off heater blower motor when shutting down truck. One could always install a relay connected to the power switch to disable accessories when the engine is shut down. Just a thought.

Very True! At good thought too! It caught me off guard whe after wiring it in to the indicated wire... I connected the batteries and The motor kicked on.

I know RTFM, or in my case the schematic diagram. I did... Ok... I hadn't screwed up. It is actually wired that way... I guess they had a reason, leave it.

Being a big believer in relays myself, I agree with your thoughts completely! If it were a worry I would do it! Example my 24 - 12 volt autotransformer connects to the batteries via a set of meaty 24V relays that are switched by the accessory switch. One of the relays also handles the 12V circuitry the other also handles my extra 24V accessories such as the dome lights and other things I added.

See, good technicians think alike.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks