• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HD Brush guard?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone built or bought a deer or moose catcher for their truck? I have seen some pretty nice ones on semi trucks.

rattlecan6104

I have planned on building one when I return from deployment using no less than 1/2 inch steel plates, and 3/8 wall tubing, then figured that in the process the existing bumper may need to be reinforced and boxed in for added strength. But then again, I am an overkill kinda guy.

jasonjc

Isn't the front end a little over loaded all ready on the deuce? There was talk some where that with the multi and winch the front end or tires were near the load limit. 1/2" plate and 3/8' wall tube is going to add a lot of lbs.

russ81

I don't know about the multi-fuel weight, but with my 5.9 Cummins and 6" sch. 40 front bumper the front springs didn't pay any attention to the weight. I think I'm going to have to purchase special made springs to soften up the ride.