• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

head gasket choices for multifuel

drjconley

It is my understanding that there are a few different kinds of gaskets for the multifuel. I have used the red fabric kind that is surplus.

What is the strongest, best gasket for the multifuel?

Who caries them and how would I contact them?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Conley

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The latest greatest gasket has the fire rings built into the gasket and have a sealing compound on the gasket, or so I'm told. Since there is such an inventory on older style gaskets, not many dealers are interested in making a new production run in the newer gaskets. As a result of this, the newest ones are getting quite difficult to find. The only 2 sources I'm aware of is OD Iron and Memphis, perhaps others can share more info.

shootiniron

A friend in uniform gave me an engine rebuild set for the multi fuel.Its in a plastic wrapped package that has all the gaskets and seals ,turbo included,that you would need to overhaul this engine.The head gaskets are of the newer style as mentioned earlier.Thought this might be of interest as this unit is the "hub" here for the NG units equipment,and they seem to be useing the latest.