• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head gasket repair

baja_power

red devils dude said:
but thoes heads are a paine to get off I herd its a bed a idea to pull heads with manifolds some thing about they dont set back on right?

nope.. came off fine with a 2 ton come-along.. it is a little lop sided due to more weight on one side. but if you have someone hold the turbo and guide the heads down while person #2 lowers the heads back onto the block. ours went on fine with me guiding the heads onto the studs and bomar working the hoist

bomar76

I just ran #9 wire from the studs sticking out of the intake manifold to the chain hooked between lift rings (BTW, it bends the hell out of them...but they beat right bad when head is back on) and tightened the wire by twising it to level head assembly in the left-right axis.

Pulling off the intake and exhaust manifolds and reinstalling with heads on the engine looks like it would be a knuckle scraping finger busting MoFo....I ain't even gonna try that.

No idea what thye call that color...

baja_power

Alright i made it into a sticky [^]

If i had known that it would turn out like this i would have taken a set of more detailed pictures and wrote up a set of step by step directions for everyone... i guess there's always NEXT time :rolleyes:

red devils dude

baja power said:
Alright i made it into a sticky [^]

If i had known that it would turn out like this i would have taken a set of more detailed pictures and wrote up a set of step by step directions for everyone... i guess there's always NEXT time :rolleyes:
like my engine pull. :banghead: