• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Gasket

Strategic Tactical

Ok, I have my first deuce and LOVE it. Noticed I have a small oil leak that looks like its coming from the head gasket. Iv'e searched on here for info on the head gasket with no luck. Ive never changed on before and also having a harad time locating one for it. I do have the torque specs on it though. Anyone in Utah want to give me a hand? Would like to get it done before the snow flies...... Norther Utah area.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Does the HG have quarter inch tabs sticking out from between the head and block? If so, thats the old style gasket, and they are made to do that.

Strategic Tactical

Clinto, thanks for the input. I'll double check it when I get home. But I'm pretty sure its the head gasket. Its at the front of the engine and I can see where its coming from. dark black oil. lol

skinnedknuckles

Mine did that right from when I got it from Fort McCoy. Put head gaskets in , blew one of those . Put new style head gaskets in - still leaked ( I checked the heads and block for flat and couldn't get .0015 between the straightedge and the surfaces both times). Pulled it apart again, checked for flatness still ok. Then I said H*^L aua with this and got the heads cut and used new style head gaskets- End of problem. That was almost 4000 miles ago and still No leakage :D
Paul in Wisconsin

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks