• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Head Light Failures

Loose Deuce

Man i'm getting tire of replacing head lights, and the are not cheap either. :banghead: Is there a better brand light out there that I can get? I had to change 3 headlights in one year, not counting the two I replaced the first day I got the deuce. It has to be the vibration I guess, and I been getting lights off ebay. I do think I got the last one from Saturn.

This last time I put silicone around the outer edge of the light to help cushion it, but that cinter metal cap inside the light has fell off and rattleing around inside the globe, still works so far. [complaining] I thought I may be getting a cheaper made light off ebay. Where do you guys get yours?

MVtrucker

A lot of cheap imports are out there, getting harder to find genuine miltary
NOS. Do the the ones you bought have a brand name on them? I found
a few good ones two years ago at Aberdeen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turn up the idle. If it's idling below 800 it sets off some nasty vibrations that eat hedlights.

Loose Deuce

Thanks for the information guys, I've already spent $125.00 on seal-beams since I had the truck. I think I'm going to try that conversion, AND check that iddle RPM too. [:)]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks